Thursday, March 09, 2006

Day 273 - Sydney - Wellington, New Zealand

Day 273 – 8th March 2006 +13:00 GMT Total Miles 59473

Arrived at Sydney Airport and had to follow the transit signs, go through security and make my way to the gate for my next flight. I had just under 3 hours and since it was quiet I curled up on some seats and tried to get some sleep. I must of slept for about 45 minutes before the gate got busy with people chattering. I had a quick walk around and then just before 9:00am we boarded. The flight was just over 3 hours and I Landed in Wellington, New Zealand around 2:15pm local time. I queued and immigration with all my paperwork which I had spent so long organising, and when we got to the counter they just stamped out passport with a Blue Stamp saying Permit to Work, they asked for no paperwork, no proof of savings, no medical certificates etc. Well that was easy so I waited for my bags which arrived very quickly and then into a shuttle bus to the hostel. I arrived at the hostel around 3:30pm and Vanessa an old work colleague from England had given me the door code so I let myself in and collapsed in the living room chatting with a few people staying there until the couple running the place arrived at 5pm. They checked Jill and I in and we unpacked, the room is fairly small, but has a double bed, a wardrobe and chest of draws, we also have a small sink. Vanessa got back from work about 5:45pm and we said a big hello and then we walked into the city for some food. When I say city it seems more like a large town, as the population is under 400,000. We ended up eating in a pub on the outside balcony, which was nice, the sun had been shining all afternoon and it was a lovely evening. We headed back to the hostel after we had eaten and promptly fell asleep.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Counter
DSL Service Provider