Tuesday, March 07, 2006

Day 271 - Sentosa Island, Singapore

Day 271 – 6th March 2006 +8:00 GMT Total Miles 53520

Jill got up very early and watched the Oscars, but I stayed in bed for most of the morning catching up on my beauty sleep. We then decided to visit Sentosa, which is an island to the south of Singapore. So we walked to Outram Park and caught the underground down to the harbour front and after walking through several malls we found our way to the cable cars that take your across the water and onto Sentosa.


Cable Car from Singapore Mainland


View of the Channel

The island is full of greenery and has lots of attractions on it, from old forts, butterfly and insect farms to the latest cinematic shows. I started but just taking a walk around the island, I followed a nature trail which put me off by telling me the island has hundreds of different breeds of snakes and spiders.


View of Sentosa Island


Sentosa Island

Anyway the island has four bus routes on it and a monorail which are all free. So I caught a blue line bus to the Cinemania show. Jill decided she was too tired and went back to the hotel. So I saw the Cinemania show on my own. It was similar to a simulator ride but with one big cinema screen and each open simulator sat 4 people. It was a very bad copy of the back to the future ride at Universal Studios. I then walked through the fountain gardens and caught a yellow line bus to the beach area. The Beach here is golden sand and the water is so warm, so I had to take a quick dip in the south china sea. I then took a walk along the beach and over a 200 metre swing bridge which takes you onto a sand dune and they have couple of towers so you can look out over the sea. This spot is also the most southern point of continental Asia. The view is pretty much of anchored Cargo Ships, but hundreds of them as far as the eye can see. I then caught a red line bus back to the cable car area and had another walk around before getting the cable car back to the mainland. I made my way back to the hotel and then made my way straight to the swimming pool to cool down. We got some food from the hotel shop and spent the rest night reading and doing our washing.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Counter
DSL Service Provider