Saturday, March 04, 2006

Day 268 - Singapore

Day 268 – 3rd March 2006 +8:00 GMT Total Miles 53488

Managed to wake up and get out of bed by 10:30am today, and have decided to visit the science museum. So I walked to Outram Park where I caught the underground to Jorong East and then managed to catch a bus to the science centre.


Singapore Science Centre

I paid my entry and started looking around the first floor, which was called The Minds Eye and all to do with optical illusions. The main part of the centre is spread over 3 floors and has many sections such as Aviation, Discovery Zone, Energy, Genome (about genealogy). I spent a few hours looking around and then found what attracted me to the Science Centre in the first place. They had a big Star Wars Exhibition on which had the original artwork, costumes and props, unfortunately you had to pay extra.


My Star Wars Ticket

I paid my money and spent about an hour looking around, it was split into sections starting with A New Hope and then moving through the films in the order they were filmed. They had more exhibits from latest film.


A Stormtrooper Costume


A Clone Driod

Some of the highlights were Anakin’s Pod Racer from The Phantom Menace and they had Bobafett’s original outfit.


Anakin's Pod Racer


The Star Wars Exhibition


A set from Revenge of the Sith

I then walked back to the station and caught the underground back. I think went for a swim and then sat in the sun reading for a few hours. I spent the rest of the evening in my hotel room, ordered room service and watched a film.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Counter
DSL Service Provider