Saturday, November 12, 2005

Day 152 - Nelson, New Zealand

Day 152 – 7th November 2005 +13:00 GMT Total Miles 28124

Drove down to the supermarket first thing to get some bread and milk, when I got back the kitchens were all closed for cleaning so had to sit in the sun until 12pm before putting everything away. Jill and I then went to explore, we went to the centre of New Zealand unfortunately it was at the top of a steep hill.


The Centre of New Zealand


View From The Centre of New Zealand


View From The Centre of New Zealand


Centre of New Zealand

When we got to the top, Reece and Dennis were up there so we all decided to walk along the top of the hills along a path called Walters Bluff Way. This lead us to Founders Park which is a park with reconstructions of buildings from early colonial history. They also have an organic brewery here so we took a tour of the very small brewery. They only make 320 bottles worth a day. Then we took the obligatory sampling session, the beer was fantastic, my favourite being the tall dark.


Founders Organic Brewery

We then took a stroll through the Japanese gardens which was lovely and then lay on the grass for a while.


Japanese Gardens


Japanese Gardens


A Duck in The Japanese Gardens


Japanese Gardens


Japanese Gardens


Japanese Gardens

I then walked back along the sea front. When I got back to the hostel I had to check my e-mail as I have not done this for over a week, longest time in my life I think. We all got together again at 6pm and went to the supermarket to buy food for the Barbeque. Craig a local kiwi joined us for the Barbeque and we cooked steaks, Burgers, eggs, Sausages, beans and veggie sausages for Jill and skewers of vegetables it was fantastic.


DJ Greasy Spoon aka Dennis

Dennis and I then had a few sessions in the sauna and swimming pool then we all sat around and drank until late. When it was too cold to sit out we all sat in the kitchen and chatted mostly to Dennis who told us his life story… Hell Yeah !! We all called it a night just after midnight.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Counter
DSL Service Provider