Tuesday, December 13, 2005

Day 186 - Waikiki, Hawaii, USA

Day 186 – 11th December 2005 -10:00 GMT Total Miles 36558

Got woken up at 4:30am as a fireworks display was set off to celebrate the start of the Honolulu Marathon. The runners started at 5am and over 28,000 people ran down the street next to our hotel, with people cheering and shouting and horns going off. So I had to get up and watch the runners for a bit. I eventually got back to sleep and got woken up when Keita turned up just after 10:30am banging on our door. Keita is a friend of mine who I met in Hawaii in 1999 and have since then seen several times, he has flown to London twice and I have flown to Japan once to see him.


Keita Sato

So Keita arrives and we all go to Ala Moana for some food and a wander around a few more shops. We head back to the hotel around 3pm as he has been told he can not check into his room until 3pm. So Keita is sharing a room with Reece and they are staying in the tower behind the building that Jill and I are in, the have a nicer room than Jill and I but no wireless internet. Keita decides to sleep for a few hours and Reece and I hit the beach, we swim for an hour and then sunbathe and dry off. We head back to the hotel as the sun sets and then wake Keita up and head into town for a beer and some food, we find a Thai restaurant and I have a fabulous Thai Yellow Curry. We then walk back towards the hotel and stop at a pub a block away for a few games of pool and another drink. We get back to the hotel just after 11pm and Jill and I sit and watch The Goonies on TV before sleeping

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Counter
DSL Service Provider