Friday, April 07, 2006

Day 302 - Opitiki - Te Kuiti, New Zealand

Day 302 – 6th April 2006 +11:00 GMT Total Miles 60501

Woke up to a glorious sunny day, blue skies as far as the eye can see. So made a cup of tea and took it with me as I walked along the beach. The beach is completely deserted so thought I’d have a paddle, the water was surprisingly warm. In the distance you can see White Island which is an active Volcano some 48 km of the coast. When I got back to the beach house I packed up my things and we got on the road heading West on Highway 30.


Us leaving the Beach House

We stopped at Rotorua for lunch and did some food shopping. Then carried on driving until we reached Te Kuiti. We found the Hostel which is two wooden cabins which are all self contained. We had a nice double room and views are spectacular. The hostel has a huge video collection, so Jill decided to relax and watch a film while I read a book. The hostel filled up throughout the evening and we sat around watching Television and chatting.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Counter
DSL Service Provider