Friday, October 14, 2005

Day 123 - International Airspace

Day 123 – 9th October 2005 -8:00 GMT

Had a lie in and then phoned home to say hi to my mum and dad and get all the family news and gossip, so we had a late check out from our hotel just before 1pm and made the short drive from the Ramada hotel to the airport. I dropped the car off and got a breakdown of the car rental prices I had been charged, these did not add up, one month I was charged $1008 for 30 days and the next month $1585 for a 30 day rental. I worked out we had been over charged by around $900. In the airport we checked our bags and got our boarding passes down to LA and to Auckland. Got straight through Customs and into the waiting area. I then phoned up Avis car hire after several attempts and messages saying phone back on Tuesday as our offices are closed I managed to get through to the branch I rented the car from. They are looking into the extra costs and will e-mail me later in the week. So we now just sat down and read a book and waited, Joshua Jackson (Pacey from Dawson’s Creek hurried by us) Jill’s legs went a bit wobbly but she did not speak to him. We boarded the Alaskan Airlines plane which was very small and had no TV screens. After just over 2 hours and 15 minutes we touched down 20 minutes early in Los Angeles, we immediately made our way to Terminal B and went through security again into the waiting area for our Qantas flight to Auckland. There was one shop and no restaurants in this area so I just sat down and settled into my book and waiting for our flight to get called. Around 90 minutes later we were boarding the Jumbo 747-400 and were seating near the back of the plane, Jill got the window seat. We had 7 channels of Films and another 6 channels of comedy, Sport and entertainment, as well as all the radio station and 8 computer games to keep us amused. I just carried on reading my book, “Bringing down the house” by Ben by Mezrich. Food was served Butter Chicken, peas and rice followed by cheesecake and a cup of tea, also had a half bottle of Australian Red Wine. I watched the film “Boys from Dogstown” and the started watching “Fantastic Four” but sleep took the better of me.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Counter
DSL Service Provider