Monday, October 23, 2006

Day 482 – 501 - England

Day 482 – 501 - 3rd October – 22nd October +0:00GMT Total Miles 89763

I only had 19 days at home and so much to cram in. The first week I just took it easy and tried to get over my jet-lag. I spent the time catching up with my parents, my sister, grandmother and my close friend Louise.


Me and my Wonderful Dad


Me And My Lovely Mum

I played a round of golf with my father and had a game of Hockey (In which I scored a fantastic goal). The following weekend I drove up to Bath to catch up with James and his girlfriend Elle who I had not yet met. We had a great three days not really doing much but relaxing and catching up. On the way back from Bath I stopped in at Beaconsfield and met an old work colleague Nikki who I had not seen for 2 years, we had some drinks and great meal, and I was very sad to say goodbye. I then had a few more days at home then drove up to Leeds to see my brother, the first night we went out to see a comedian Adam Hills live and he was brilliant, then we played Xbox games and had a few drinks, then next day we went skiing indoor at Xscape in Sheffield and spent the evening out in Leeds with several of my brothers friends. I had a really nice time with My brother and sister-in-law and was disappointed I did not have longer. The next morning I drove back to Gravesend and the following day was back at Heathrow getting ready to fly back to New Zealand. The plane this time was a more modern 777 and had beds in first class so I could get a little sleep. When I arrived at Los Angeles I had a 10 hour wait but managed to get back into the first class departures lounge even though my ticket onwards was economy with Air New Zealand. I spent the ten hours eating and drinking and playing on the internet. The flight back to Auckland was Ok and I managed to get a little sleep, then a two hour wait before finally boarding on a flight back to Wellington, which was struggling to land in the 130kmph winds. I finally got home and Jill came over to see me before I passed out and had a good nights sleep.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Counter
DSL Service Provider