Tuesday, October 03, 2006

Day 481 - First Class To London, England

Day 481 - 2nd Oct +0:00 GMT Total Miles 76499

Checked out of my Las Vegas hotel at 4:30am and headed to Mccaren Airport for my flight to Los Angeles. From Los Angeles I was flying first class to London as I had several hundred thousand air miles to use up so I treated myself to a bit of Luxury. I got to spent the 3 hours wait in the first class lounge where all the food and drinks are free, a room full of comfy seats and plasma TV’s and amazingly friendly staff. Many faces I recognised in the first class lounge including Domonic Manghan and Billy Connolly. I boarded my plane and found out I was sitting next to Billy Connolly who I ended up chatting to several times throughout the flight. The United Airlines plane was an old 767 so we did not have beds in first class and they have a really old video tape system in the arms of the chairs so you can select a movie and pause, forward and rewind the tape as you please, the TV screens were much smaller than you would expect even in economy. So I was not very impressed at what my $20,000NZ would have paid for. On the bright side the food was fantastic and the service good. When I landed at London Heathrow I got to use the first class arrivals lounge and had a lovely shower with high quality soaps etc. and then again free food and drinks. I got picked up from the airport by my family and was soon back in my home town of Gravesend.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Counter
DSL Service Provider