Monday, September 19, 2005

Day 101 - San Diego, California, USA

Day 101 – September 17th 2005 -8:00 GMT

Went to a little café next to the hostel for breakfast only a couple of bucks for bacon, egg, sausage, hash browns and toast and coffee. We then walked up to Balboa park which is huge. Had a look at the museum of man building which is allegedly the most photographed building in California.


The Museum of Man Building


Balboa Park


Balboa Park


Baloa Park

I then left Jill for the day as she wanted to wander around the shops and I wanted to see the Zoo. San Diego Zoo is famously known as one of the best in the world. I first had a guided bus tour around the park which too about 40 minutes then I walked around. I saw the Tigers, Lions and Bears. The Polar Bears were cool. They had panda’s including one that is only 5 weeks old. I also saw the Elephants, Koala’s, The Tree Kangaroo’s and some amazing Anteaters. They had a lot of snakes which were cool and quite lively. I left the zoo just before 6pm and caught the bus back to the gas lap quarter where our hotel is. We then went out to a local bar for some food and a beer. I headed back to the hotel as I need an early night, so watched a couple of episodes of the TV series Lost and went to sleep.


San Diego

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

No photos of the animals? I'm disappointed!

3:44 AM  
Blogger Simon said...

No photo's as jill had the camera for the day and I went to the zoo on my own.

8:38 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Counter
DSL Service Provider