Friday, July 15, 2005

Day 35 - Woodstock - Boston, Massachusetts, USA

Day 35 – 13th July 2005 -5:00 GMT Total Miles 9309

Checked out the hotel at 11am and drove to the USA border, stopped at the Canadain duty free where we can claim tax back on everything we have spent in Canada. I received a refund of $109, which I converted into US dollars. Then I drove upto the border and we had to fill in Visa Waiver forms and get asked all sorts of questions like “Why would you wuit your job and sell your house to go traveling ?” any after they had questioned us and searched the car they lghtened up and let us into the USA.
We drove southwards though Maine and stopped at Orona for a quick sandwich, then carried on driving until we reached Biddeford where an old Dataware work colleage of mine lives “Dan Judkins” We arrived at Dan’s house and were greeted with cold beers. Dan insisted in taking us out for dinner and took us to Kennebunklport which is a gorgeous coastal town and the home of ex-president George Bush.


Dan and I at Kennebunkport Posted by Picasa


Jill and I at Kennebunkport Posted by Picasa

Dan insisted I try Lobster as I had never had it and he said it is what Maine is famous for, so my Dan ordered us double lobster each, that’s right two big lobsters each…. Dan showed me how to correctly crack and eat them. He even paid the bill (thanks Dan).


Me Eating my Lobster Dinner Posted by Picasa

After Dinner we headed ack to Dan’s house and he showed us how to get back on the interstate and we carried on through Maine then New Hampshire and into Boston, Massachusetts. We found the hostel quite easily and got there by 11pm. Managed to the park the car but the cost is an extortiate $5 per half hour or $30 a day. The room is a bit cramped with 6 of us sleeping in it but we will survive.

1 Comments:

Blogger kateyay said...

that picture of youy and the lobsters made me laugh! so so funny. simon makes friends with the lobsters then eats them. rock!

8:13 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Counter
DSL Service Provider