Tuesday, March 25, 2008

Day 1021 – Hanoi - Danang, Vietnam

Day 1021 – 24th March 2008 +7:00 GMT

I had a walk into the old quarter and around Lake Hoan Kiem. I went to pick order some train tickets and they said come back at 4pm. So I headed back to the hotel. Jill and I were leaving tonight so we had a lazy day and just hung around the hotel. At 4pm I went back to the travel agents in the old quarter and they had got the wrong day on the tickets. After a few minutes they agreed to correct the problem and courier the tickets to our hotel before 5pm. At 5:15pm the tickets arrived and Jill and I checked out the hotel and got a taxi to the train station. We boarded the 19:00 SE1 train to Saigon and were in a 6 berth sleeper car, this was 3 high on each side and we were sharing with five Vietnamese people, actually 6 more as someone had their four year old son with them.
The people in the carriage next to us were from Luxemburg and Italy but were living in London so we spent several hours chatting to them. I read until I fell asleep.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Counter
DSL Service Provider